As requested – the season’s favorite kimono jacket! As complicated as it might appear, do not be scared off with the technicalities of making it. This is what I would like to call a lazy version. It’s easy, I promise!
– Material of choice – gauzy chiffon, silk, or cotton, if you so please
– Sewing machine (and optional: *overlock machine)
– Scissors and thread
– Prepare fabric pieces as shown above (one “large” and two “sides”).
– Note that the measurements can be tweaked to your preference i.e. longer, shorter
-Sew the sides of the fabrics and fold out to the right side of the fabric.
-Fold the top in (as shown in the picture) and sew the top.
– Place the “sides fabric” to the edges of the “large fabric” and sew.
– Flip it up and sew it on, again and flip it over.
That’s it! Here’s an overview of the finished DIY kimono top.