There’s one thing that I’m absolutely bonkers about at the moment: Pretty Little Liars. If you haven’t started watching it yet then you definitely don’t know what you’re missing so start watching it now! While Gossip Girl has gone stale in recycling its love triangles and story line, Pretty Little Liars is so intense, which always keeps me on the edge of my seat, while simultaneously in lust over the stylish wardrobes of the characters.
Credits to Pretty Little Liars’ stylist because I love the variety of the different styles between the four main girls – Emily, Aria, Spencer and Hanna but the character of Aria Montgomery in particular makes me envious for her gorgeous earrings and her feminine rock chick style.
Aria Montgomery is the artsy and imaginative one out of her friends. She’s smart, loves books and writing but like any other teenager she has her troubles – a deep dark secret that lingers and will catch up with her eventually (and the fact that she’s dating an older man that just so happens to be her teacher).
I daresay she’s a style icon in her own right and here I break down some of the key style elements that makes Aria’s closets one to covet.
Layers, layers, layers!
One of Aria’s key looks is wearing plain tops and layering them up with jewellery, scarves and jackets so you can do the same by getting chunky necklaces and layering, layering, layering!
Mix colours, patters and textures
I love how Aria can wear a mixture of anything and it still looks great! She loves wearing her chunky boots with a feminine dress – which always looks stunning. But this can be done with her jewellery as well; throughout the series she combines feminine earrings with chunky necklaces and bracelets. Go crazy!
Earthy and pastel colours
With Aria’s style, she usually goes for earthy colours – especially with accessories. With bright colours of greens and neutral rusty hues, it’s a safe option but still looks fabulous!
Now, here’s your chance to really steal Aria Montgomery’s style. Just show us through @tictweets or Tongue in Chic’s Facebook Page your own creativity by putting together your own imaginative set on polyvore containing any of the 10 accessories below. Go wild and let your creativity have no bounds!
The winner stands to take home a super exclusive prize worth RM150! The prize pack of accessories are items from the diva Survivor range, one that will not be appearing in stores and will be available exclusively here.
So get your entries in ASAP to walk away with this fab prize!
Contest ends: Friday, 22nd April 2011, 1pm
Terms & Conditions
– This contest is open to all residents in Malaysia only.
– Freeform Sdn Bhd reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion and without prior notice to exclude a participant from any further participation in the contest.
– The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
– The entry/content should be an original creation of the participant and the participant should have the exclusive rights to distribute the same.
– The entry/content should not breach/violate any type of intellectual property rights of any other party.
– A participant can submit one or more entries to the competition. The organizer must receive all submissions before 22nd April 2011, 1pm, where the winner’s name will be announced at 6pm, the day itself. The decision of the organiser on when a submission is received is final.
– The organiser takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected submissions or any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment.
– Only original and completed entries will be accepted
– Visual is for illustration purposes only. Prize may vary.