Hot off the runway, one of the looks that has been just about everywhere is translucency! Now this look is definitely difficult to pull off and has the risk of looking, well, risqué.
The SS16 runways were full of translucent pieces ranging from completely transparent to designers like Iris Van Herpen mimicking the sheer look by using skin toned fabrics as their garments’ bases. Although, many designers such as Valentino opted for a more flowing, softer silhouette with darker colours to achieve a romantic feel.
Both, the edgy and romantic styles, have filtered down to the glamorous red carpet and casual streetwear. Ellie Goulding looks fabulous in her heavily embellished ensemble.
We love this as an everyday look – Trés chic!
SHOP THE TREND
1. Leather-Look Punched Pencil Skirt, River Island, RM134.90
2. Glamorous Black Aztec Mesh Top, RM62.90
3. Jean Lauie Lace Dress, RM265
4. Oh Banana See Through Jacket, RM55
5. Cherrybomb Striped Long Sleeve Top, RM48
WORK THE TREND
- Try translucent printed fabrics.
- Be mindful of what you wear underneath, play with colour and print combinations!
- If you’re going for a false transparency look, then pick inner wear that is close to your skin tone.
Wanna see more looks we love?
Image Credit: Fashiongum.com, USmagazine.com, Vogue.com, Chicobsession.com, Fashionjunkysblog.wordpress.com, ithestylist.com, Glamourmagazine.com, Peoplsenespanol.com, Womendresslos.com, Fashiontelegraph.co.uk, Bustle.com,